The Magic of Color & Light: Arlington Artist Elise Ritter
|ELISE RITTER is an award-winning watercolor and mixed media artist who lives in Arlington, Virginia||
- She is a juried member of the Potomac Valley Watercolorists, an organization of top watercolor artists in the Washington DC region.
- She is represented by Gallery Underground, in Crystal City, Arlington, the award-winning gallery of the Arlington Artists Alliance, and she is an active member of the Alliance.
- She is also a featured artist at Masterpieces Gallery, in Kerikeri, New Zealand, and her paintings are being shown in Auckland NZ this summer, 2017.
- Her paintings are represented in many private collections throughout the United States, New China, Germany, England, Portugal, Canada, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico.
- Elise is a member of the Virginia Watercolor Society, and her paintings have been selected for several annual statewide exhibitions. She has also had a one-person show at the State Capitol during the General Assembly, and 2 solo shoes at private galleries in Richmond.
- “Luminous Grace,” was the title of her 30-piece solo show from January – April 2016, at the National Methodist Church in Washington, DC.
- Elise’s artwork was juried into the 2016 Best Virginia Artists Juried Exhibition.
- Her duo art exhibition, with Linda Maldonado, “Illuminations” (2014), at Gallery Underground, was chosen as a “hot hit & hidden jewel” by CultureCapital Weekend, and reviewed on NPR.
- PUBLICATIONS include: “Pastoral Liturgy: Doing Good Work, May/June 2016”; “Potomac Valley Watercolorists: Celebrating 40 Years 1974-2014”; Arlington Magazine: “Best of Edition,” Jan./Feb. 2015; and “Elan” magazine, 2014.